|Debut (Games)||Heart no Kuni no Alice|
|Voice Actor||Katsuyuki Konishi|
|Age||26-29; 25-28 (Diamond)|
Blood Dupre (ブラッド＝デュプレ) is the boss of the mafia (The Hatter Family) in Wonderland. He has the same appearance as Alice's ex-boyfriend, which causes Alice to be more self-concious than usual around him during the early stages of their friendship. In time Blood's unique personality leaves an impression strong enough on her mind that she starts seeing past that fact.
As the boss of the Mafia in Wonderland, Blood is naturally a dangerous person. He is a lethargic and temperamental yet intelligent man who hates being bored and loves tea. He's a nocturnal person, due to his job and the Sun which he considers poisonous. Because of this, he only sleeps when he has free time during the day and is often described as being languid. His hate for boredom seems to dictate some of his actions and his opinion towards Alice. He tends act lazy in front of Alice despite being proficient in his work and a busy man.
Blood is shown to have more knowledge about Wonderland and its rules than the other roleholders. If Alice chooses to stay in the Clock Tower, it is shown that he knew Alice's name before she introduced herself. He is also able to read Alice very easily.
His mood changes very easily and is shown to get jealous easily. These aspects of his personality were extremely exaggerated in the manga adaptation of the first game. When he falls in love with Alice, he is possesive with her and overprotective. He is also kind and caring towards her, though he doesn't show it explicitly. In the ending of his non-stay route in Heart/Anniversary he even goes as far as placing her under house arrest, which later turns out he did because of the risk of assassination Alice was under that he did not want her to know about.
One of Blood's weaknesses is carrots. When he's in a situation involving Elliot and carrot-flavoured food, he will do anything to avoid eating it, even to the point of running away unabashedly. He also becomes uneasy when Elliot is complementing him and is full of praise for him.
In Diamond, Blood is younger and therefore easier to read. He shows emotions more readily and a wider variety of emotions, and he is even crueler, but he is still as languid and easily bored as ever.
He was originally a facless child living with his parents and olders sister. Sometime after Vivaldi became the Queen of Hearts, Blood became the Hatter.
Heart / Anniversary no Kuni no Alice
Clover no Kuni no Alice
Joker no Kuni no Alice
Omochabako no Kuni no Alice
In the Wizard and the Master parody, Blood is the leader of the Hatter Dormitory. His skill as a magician is excellent but he's a selfish and moody person. He likes to act within the limits of the minimum rules and is accompanied by many bad students who don't follow the rules. He likes to drink black tea whilst being carefree as there's no one who opposes him in particular.
Diamond no Kuni no Alice
In the Country of Diamonds, the Hatter Family is undergoing a period of growth and for some reason Blood seems to have less composure than before.
Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful MIRROR World~
Heart no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Wonder World
Joker no Kuni no Alice: Circus to Usotsuki Game
- It was revealed in the "Truth end" of Heart that Blood actually does NOT have the same face as Alice's previous lover and Nightmare manipulated Alice's memories to make her believe that he does (which implies that the real reason Alice's lover is shown faceless in her memories is because he does not look the same). Vivaldi explains in Blood's best end of Joker that Nightmare chose Blood for this role because Blood was the only person to have defeated Joker TWICE and Nightmare expected Joker to interfere with Alice eventually.
- While in BloodyTwins it is said in the "Extra Information" section in the back of the book that Blood decided to take on a role after Vivaldi became Queen of Hearts, this is technically incorrect- it is stated in the games that roles are not taken on by choice.
- The type of tea that Blood most enjoys is Flowery Orange Pekoe; any mention of it results in several minutes of him obsessing over it (in Heart/Anniversary and Toybox).
- He enjoys chess and is exceptionally good at it. It is likely he also good at other strategy games.
- He and his sister are extremely competitive when in comes to Alice, yet it is ONLY with Vivaldi that Blood will share Alice.
- Blood doesn't use gardening tools on his garden. He instead causes the plants (specifically rose vines) to grow faster for any dead or dying part of the plant to either remove or revive itself. It should be noted that ANY roleholder can do this if they chose to, and the "normal" speed for plants to grow to full size is within moments.
- Despite that Wonderland is probably a parallel to late 19th century England, Blood holds his tea cup wrong, as do the rest of the characters. In this place and time period, instead of holding the cup or handle, the proper way is to pinch the hand with the thumb, pointer, and middle fingers.
- His trademark hat and bow tie are based on the original Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter; however, there are no roses or feathers on the original Mad Hatter's hat.
- Despite the bizzare choice of his own outfit, Blood has been shown to have excellent taste in clothing and accessories which is recognized by Alice.
- For Blood, some things can be considered "too interesting" . It is unclear if this means that something is boring, frustrating, or whatnot.
- Blood nearly enjoys haunted houses because they are dark as night.
- Blood is unexpectedly fond of children. He doesn't have any interest in personally rearing them, however.